Africa holds the world’s youngest population, with over 200 million people aged 15 to 24, and is predicted to double by 2050. As they strive to enter the workforce, many young people in Africa will likely face unemployment or underemployment, working in dangerous, insecure, part-time, and low-paying occupations.
According to studies, a collapse in business-driven concepts and the cost of setting up businesses is a primary source of rising unemployment among vibrant individuals and concurrently graduating youth in Nigeria, for example. So far, digital entrepreneurship (digital marketing) has established a virtual arena for sellers to connect with customers via online platforms or virtual marketplaces.
Digital entrepreneurship could answer Nigeria’s and Sub-Saharan Africa’s rising young unemployment rates. Most Nigerian businesses and corporations provide value for their customers and cultivate strong customer connections to obtain value from them. E-commerce behemoths like Jumia, Konga, Aniwura, Jiji, and others have transformed into smartphone apps, web apps, and internet applications in Nigeria.
According to industry analysts, government ministers, and funders, information technology is a big contributor to the African economy and a major future source of employment for young people.
Several obstacles must be addressed for this to become a reality rather than a pipe dream, including improving skills to develop African digital employment that designs and constructs solutions rather than merely supporting the lower-skilled delivery end of the global digital market.
“It is a booming area, therefore naturally, the demand for specialists in this field is high,” Mr Dayo Ayeni, the Managing Director of Career Xpress, told the Nigeria News Agency. Because the demand for digital marketing skills is growing daily, it is the finest job option for today’s age. You will have many work prospects if you take a digital marketing course.
Digital marketing was first defined as a projection of traditional marketing, including its tools and techniques, onto the internet. On the other hand, the peculiarities of the digital environment and its use for marketing have fueled the development of channels, formats, and languages, resulting in tools and techniques that would be inconceivable offline.
Two academic staff members from Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) addressed how digital marketing fits with traditional marketing strategies and gave information on various forms of digital marketing presently in use.
While digital marketing may appear to be a new world, it is built on many of the same ideas as conventional marketing. According to Dr Mark Hobson, senior associate dean of business programs, it requires both fundamental marketing expertise and technical know-how.
According to Dr Jessica Rogers, the associate dean of marketing programs, the two disciplines help customers interact with various groups.
“… Traditional media is a fantastic method to reach a wide audience, but digital media may reach highly specific audiences,” – Dr Jessica Rogers.
Digital marketing, additionally referred to as online marketing, is the promotion of brands through the internet and different types of digital communication to interact with potential clients. This includes not just email, web-based advertising, and electronic marketing but also text and multimedia communications as a marketing channel. Essentially, digital advertising is any marketing campaign that uses digital communication.
FIVE COMMON TOOLS FOR DIGITAL MARKETING
1. Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat, which are a regular aspect of any integrated marketing plan, are a terrific method for marketers to engage with their customers and generate buzz about their brands. Several features are intended for marketing in addition to the normal functions offered by these platforms. Facebook Ads Manager, for example, allows advertisers to launch ads and track their performance.
2. Design Software: Design is another important aspect of digital marketing, especially when designing ads and content such as social media postings and blog entries. Because digital marketing is a design-intensive business, it is only possible to perform it successfully with design software like Canva and Photoshop.
3. Analytics Tools: These are another group of technologies that might benefit digital marketers. These range from Google Analytics (which tracks web traffic to a specific site) to social media analytics tools like Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics, which provide engagement metrics and help marketers optimize their efforts.
4. Tools For Content Marketing: When it comes to content development and curation, tools like CoSchedule and Hubspot are tremendous assets for marketers focusing on content marketing. They may assist marketers in identifying content possibilities and creating interesting blogs and social media pieces that appeal to their target audiences.
5. Tools For Email Marketing: Email marketing tools are the final tools in a digital marketer’s toolbox. These assist businesses in creating email campaigns that enhance their content and encourage consumers to become more connected with their company by signing up for events and purchasing products.
ECONOMIC BENEFIT OF DIGITAL MARKETING
Unemployment is the major challenge confronting any emerging economy in the twenty-first century. This has become a global issue, with immediate implications for the young, who may have been the next generation of financially and socially valuable individuals.
Furthermore, digital entrepreneurship entails the adaptation and use of ICTs, the initiation of entrepreneurial activity, and the infrastructure that facilitates stakeholder interactions. Numerous types of enterprises can be established through digital entrepreneurial creativity by combining the concepts of entrepreneurship with information and communication technology, one of which can be digital entrepreneurship.
We cannot deny that the current global scenario has significantly impacted the economy. As a result, we are witnessing an economic upheaval and a significant movement in consumer behaviour worldwide.
Governments have imposed harsh constraints on people, which they must adjust to. Companies are looking for ways to keep their operations running despite the challenges they are now facing. In just a few weeks, entrepreneurs face a new scenario in which they must rethink their business strategy and communication.
The following are some of the advantages of digital marketing.
1. Global Reach – for a minimal investment, a website helps you discover new markets and trade abroad.
2. Lesser Cost – Compared to traditional marketing tactics, a well-planned and well-targeted digital marketing campaign can reach relevant clients at a considerably lower cost.
3. Measurable, Trackable Results – using web analytics and other online metric tools to measure your online marketing campaign makes it easier to determine how effective it was. You can get extensive information about how customers interact with your website or respond to your advertising using Google Analytics.
Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts by following us.»